Sunday, October 21, 2012

RIP, my dearly departed friend and colleague, Eric KHOO Teng Hai

It was with great sadness (and shock) when I was informed of Eric's passing. I was in my office working through lunch and decided to grab a quick bite around 3pm Friday Oct19, 2012. I came out of my office and along the corridor near the coffee vending machine were the 'office boys' chatting amongst themselves, we exchanged greeting pleasantries. One of them then asked me if I heard the 'news'. I answered, "no, what news?". They broke the 'shocking' news to me. For his age, he was a youthful 60yr old (more like 50), to me. He was a humble, nice and wonderful pleasant man. I shall cherish the memories I have of Eric.
On behalf of Eric's loved ones, family, friends and colleagues, I dedicate this poem to Eric.

RIP, Eric bro! See you soon, buddy.

Click on the images to view and zoom in.

Ps...it was only a week or so ago, I lost an ex-classmate, he had personal problems we didn't know and in hindsight we wished we knew so as to provide emotional support but alas...too late, he ended his life. :(

1 comment:

  1. I knew Eric when we were students in London, England in the early 1970s. I am deeply saddened to hear of his passing. My prayers goes out to Eric's friends and family who loved him and whom he loved. ET

    ReplyDelete